Five units from Lubbock Fire Rescue were called to an attic fire in a two-story structure in the 1900 block of 17th Street on Friday night.
They were called to check a possible electrical short and found the structure on fire.
There were no injuries reported with this fire, but fire officials say the chimney has collapsed, causing significant damage.
Four residents have been displaced.
Officials say the fire was caused by a buildup of combustibles in the chimney.
Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.