Provided by the Texas Department of Transportation
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is scheduled to close Milwaukee Avenue, at Spur 327, to traffic on Thursday, March 6, as part of Marsha Sharp Freeway (MSF) Phase 5A construction. The closure will allow project contractor Haydon Construction to safely pour bridge deck for the new Spur 327 bridge at Milwaukee Avenue.
The Thursday Milwaukee Avenue closure, at Spur 327, is scheduled to begin shortly after the rush hour at approximately 8:30 a.m. and will impact the following traffic:
• Northbound Milwaukee Avenue traffic will be detoured onto the eastbound Spur 327 frontage road to Frankford Avenue and back west on Spur 327 to connect with Milwaukee.
• Southbound Milwaukee Avenue traffic will be detoured onto westbound US 62/82 to Upland Avenue, south to 82nd Street and then back east to reconnect with Milwaukee.
• Southbound Milwaukee traffic will still have access to connect with eastbound MSF (US 62/82).
MSF (US 62/82)
• Westbound MSF will be limited to two thru-lanes at Milwaukee, but no left-turns to southbound Milwaukee will be allowed.
• Eastbound MSF will continue to have access to northbound Milwaukee but traffic will not be able to access southbound Milwaukee.
The daytime closure is anticipated to continue through most of the day. Message boards informing motorists of the scheduled closures are in place. Work will take place weather permitting.