House fire started by cigarette, three in hospital - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

House fire started by cigarette, three in hospital

Posted: Updated:

Reports came out Saturday morning of an elderly woman trapped inside a burning home in the 9700 block of Jordan Ave.

Lubbock Fire Department and EMS were called out to the home just after 5:30 a.m., and the fire was put out by 5:45 a.m.

The cause was determined to be from a cigarette the elderly woman was smoking in bed while on oxygen.

The two other occupants in the home attempted to get the woman out of the bedroom after the fire had started, but were unable get to her. She was eventually rescued by firefighters.

All three people were transported to UMC. The woman was admitted with smoke inhalation and burn injuries to her back. She is now listed in satisfactory condition.

The two other occupants were admitted with smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.