Three homes were damaged during an early morning fire in Northwest Lubbock on Wednesday.
The flames broke out just before 5 a.m. at a home in the 500 block of Iola.
High winds spread the flames from that home to two neighboring homes.
Fire investigators say they do not believe anyone lived in the home where the fire first broke out.
The flames sparked up into the attic and quickly spread to the rest of the house.
Investigators say the home is a complete loss.
The house directly to the east of that home sustained major damage.
Firefighters on the scene say the home was uninhabitable but could be repaired.
The third house that was damaged was directly to the west of the initial house fire.
Firefighters say the damage to that home is minimal.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say that the owner of the home was making repairs on an outside faucet using a torch Tuesday evening when a small smoldering fire was started in the exterior wall.
The fire spread from the wall up to the attic throughout the evening resulting in a fully involved attic fire in the early morning hours.
Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.