Unattended cooking causes Baker house fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Unattended cooking causes Baker house fire

Posted:
BAKER, LA (WAFB) -

Baker Firefighters say unattended cooking is the cause of a house fire that took place Saturday night.  The fire happened in the 2400 block of Hovey Street just before 9:00 pm.

According to officials, the fire started in the kitchen when the homeowner fell asleep while frying fish.  The fire spread quickly to the cabinets, ceiling and up into the attic, but firefighters were able to extinguish it before it could spread though the home.

No injuries were reported in the fire.  The Red Cross was on hand to assist the family that lives in the home.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.