Owners Suspect Heat From Gin Ignited Cotton In Monday's Warehouse Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/4/04

Owners Suspect Heat From Gin Ignited Cotton In Monday's Warehouse Fire

It's now believed that a cotton warehouse fire was caused by the cotton itself.

The fire sparked around eight Tuesday morning at Goetz & Son's Incorporated, located in the 700 Block of East 2nd Street. Firefighters battled the flames and snowy weather for hours on Tuesday. Owners lost about a sixth of the cotton that was stored in the building.

They think the cotton was hot from being ginned and ignited.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.