Man loses 200 pounds, inspires everyone around him - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Man loses 200 pounds, inspires everyone around him

Radical transformation. That's how friends and family describe a Cape Girardeau man's new look. Radical transformation. That's how friends and family describe a Cape Girardeau man's new look.
He lost so much weight, he's barely recognizable. Keith Seyer is a new man. He lost so much weight, he's barely recognizable. Keith Seyer is a new man.
"They put me on a scale," Seyer said. "That's when I found out I was 467 pounds." "They put me on a scale," Seyer said. "That's when I found out I was 467 pounds."
He pushed himself daily and the pounds fell off. He pushed himself daily and the pounds fell off.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

He lost so much weight, he's barely recognizable. Keith Seyer is a new man.

On September 16, 2011 the world as Seyer knew it stopped spinning.

Sometimes it takes fear to invoke change. It was a numbing reality check for a 39 -year-old.

Doctors diagnosed him with an irregular and often rapid heart beat. His weight was a major concern.

He felt shock and disappointment.

"It was a let down," Seyer said. "I had an extra 67 pounds I didn't know I had. The doctor said lose weight or die."

It was his biggest wake up call yet and Seyer wanted to live.

"Gotta do something," Seyer said.

He started out slowly.

"I walked at 1.8 miles an hour for one fourth mile and I was done," he said.

In a month, he was walking a mile.

"Eventually got to where I would do weights," Seyer said.

Keith started to notice a change. He craved more and sought out personal trainer Shawn Taylor.

Taylor taught him how to eat healthy and take his body to a whole new level.

"I was watching him slowly make a transformation," Shawn Taylor said.

He pushed himself daily and the pounds fell off.

Keith Seyer went from not being able to walk a quarter of a mile, to running in his first 5k.

"I got third in my age group," Seyer said.

He continues to inspire others, as he is known to many as a man always ready to give back.

"If I would help one person, they helped another person, then the world would be a lot easier," Seyer said.

He's always putting others first; and that hasn't changed, even with his new body, and new lease on life.

Keith Seyer is beginning to realize what his family and friends already know.

"The main thing I see, more important than anything else is that Junior (Keith) is happy," said Ryan Eftink-Keith's Friend.

"Apparently there's something here for me," Seyer said.

He's here for a reason, perhaps to motivate you.

"You can do it. If i can do it, anyone can do it," he said.

Keith Seyer has lost 200 pounds.

"I'm very proud of Keith," Shawn Taylor said. "I think his story sends a great message."

He's proving anything is possible.

Copyright KFVS 2014. All rights reserved.

Congo to begin vaccinating against Ebola on Monday

Sunday, May 20 2018 5:11 AM EDT2018-05-20 09:11:15 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 7:24 AM EDT2018-05-21 11:24:35 GMT
    Congo's health ministry says there is one new death from Ebola, bringing to 26 the number of deaths from the deadly outbreak in Equateur province in the country's northwest. (Source:  WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION)Congo's health ministry says there is one new death from Ebola, bringing to 26 the number of deaths from the deadly outbreak in Equateur province in the country's northwest. (Source: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION)

NRA links school violence to Ritalin but experts deny link

Sunday, May 20 2018 6:51 PM EDT2018-05-20 22:51:57 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 7:24 AM EDT2018-05-21 11:24:25 GMT
    (Elizabeth Conley/Houston Chronicle via AP). Flags fly at half staff in front of the justice center at Santa Fe, Texas on Sunday, May 20, 2018. Congregations in this deeply religious community near Houston gathered Sunday for their first worship servic...(Elizabeth Conley/Houston Chronicle via AP). Flags fly at half staff in front of the justice center at Santa Fe, Texas on Sunday, May 20, 2018. Congregations in this deeply religious community near Houston gathered Sunday for their first worship servic...
    The National Rifle Association's incoming president is linking school shootings to using medications such as Ritalin.

Trump thrusts abortion fight into crucial midterm elections

Friday, May 18 2018 12:40 AM EDT2018-05-18 04:40:58 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 7:24 AM EDT2018-05-21 11:24:23 GMT
    (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta, File). FILE - In this Jan. 19, 2018 file photo, President Donald Trump speaks to participants of the annual March for Life event, in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington. The Trump administration will resurrec...(AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta, File). FILE - In this Jan. 19, 2018 file photo, President Donald Trump speaks to participants of the annual March for Life event, in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington. The Trump administration will resurrec...

The Trump administration is resurrecting a Reagan-era rule that would ban federally funded family planning clinics from discussing abortion with women, or sharing space with abortion providers.