Lubbock deputies catch motorcycle thief in resident's yard - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Lubbock deputies catch motorcycle thief in resident's yard

Lubbock County resident Paul Garcia had just returned home from work on Tuesday afternoon when he was given the scare of a lifetime.

"I was sitting in the recliner inside my house and I heard some noise. I heard the slamming of car doors," he said.

Paul assumed it was his wife returning from picking up their grandchildren so he pretended to be asleep. But when no one came through the front door he quickly realized there was something else going on.

Paul heard more noise and stepped outside.

"I saw a Sheriff's car and I said what's going on? I looked to my left and there was two Sheriff's deputies looking behind my house. Somebody said we already got him, we got him," Garcia said. "One of the Sheriff's deputies looked at me and said go back in. He said go back in the house, so I went back inside."

According to Lt. Bryan Taylor with the Lubbock County Sheriff's Office, a man had stolen a motorcycle and crashed near the Garcia home. He tried to run away on foot and was eventually arrested in the Garcia's yard. Lt. Taylor couldn't release a name at this time.

Garcia says it was quite a shock and enough excitement for one lifetime.

"Nothing like that has ever happened to me ever," he said. "My dog was barking so I said well, mamma has come home already from picking up the kids so it shocked me, it really did."

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault

Thursday, May 24 2018 3:12 PM EDT2018-05-24 19:12:14 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 3:14 AM EDT2018-05-25 07:14:27 GMT
    (AP Photo/Susan Walsh). President Donald Trump stands with Master Chief Special Warfare Operator Britt K. Slabinski during a ceremony to award him the Medal of Honor in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Thursday, May 24, 2018. Slabinski o...(AP Photo/Susan Walsh). President Donald Trump stands with Master Chief Special Warfare Operator Britt K. Slabinski during a ceremony to award him the Medal of Honor in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Thursday, May 24, 2018. Slabinski o...
    President Donald Trump has awarded the Medal of Honor to a Navy SEAL who oversaw a daring assault and rescue mission on a snowy Afghanistan mountaintop in 2002.

Officials: Weinstein to surrender in sexual misconduct probe

Friday, May 25 2018 12:22 AM EDT2018-05-25 04:22:30 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 3:13 AM EDT2018-05-25 07:13:14 GMT
    (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File). FILE - In this Jan. 8, 2017, file photo, Harvey Weinstein arrives at The Weinstein Company and Netflix Golden Globes afterparty in Beverly Hills, Calif. Law enforcement officials say Weinstein is expected to...(Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File). FILE - In this Jan. 8, 2017, file photo, Harvey Weinstein arrives at The Weinstein Company and Netflix Golden Globes afterparty in Beverly Hills, Calif. Law enforcement officials say Weinstein is expected to...

Harvey Weinstein is expected to turn himself in to police in New York City early Friday following a seven-month investigation into sexual assault allegations.

Police: 2 shot at Oklahoma restaurant; civilian kills gunman

Friday, May 25 2018 1:02 AM EDT2018-05-25 05:02:34 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 3:04 AM EDT2018-05-25 07:04:51 GMT

Police: Man armed with pistol shot and wounded two customers at Oklahoma City restaurant before being shot dead by handgun-carrying civilian in parking lot.