LFD: Shed fire caused by overloaded extension cord - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

LFD: Shed fire caused by overloaded extension cord


The Lubbock Fire Marshall’s Office has determined that an overloaded extension cord sparked an explosion inside of a shed near 38th and Hartford just before 7:30 p.m. Monday night.

A neighbor who lives across the street told us he was working in his garage when he saw the explosion and dialed 911.

Lubbock Fire Rescue says that call came in at 7:24 p.m. and the fire was put out by 8:05 p.m.

The homeowner told us there was a 1997 Chevy Trail Blazer, two motorcycles, a motorcycle trailer and two propane tanks inside the shed.

Lubbock Fire Rescue confirmed that the propane tanks exploded but the fire was caused by an overloaded extension cord.

The homeowner told us he was charging his motorcycles with the only electricity source in the shed before the explosion.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly