Abernathy Family Loses Everything To Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/30/04

Abernathy Family Loses Everything To Fire

An Abernathy family of eight is homeless after their house was destroyed by fire.

"This is where we all grew up," said one of the Castanon daughters as she surveyed the damage.

The fire broke out around 11:30 Monday morning in the Castanon's home on 3rd Street in Abernathy. The mother was washing clothes when the fire started near the dryer. She tried to put it out, but the fire spread, destroying the entire house. Fortunately, she was able to escape without injury and save her baby from the fire.

A fund has been set up for the family at the First State Bank in Abernathy. If you would like to help, call the bank at 298-2556 or mail a donation to P.O. Box 150, Abernathy, TX, 79311.

Powered by Frankly