Victim treated for smoke inhalation following Monday structure f - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Victim treated for smoke inhalation following Monday structure fire

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Multiple units from Lubbock Fire Rescue responded to a residential structure fire in the 200 block of Ave. S at 12:10 p.m. Monday.

They say the fire was knocked down in under five minutes.

The Fire Marshals Office says the fire was caused by an overloaded extension cord running a window air conditioner unit.

They say the residence sustained approximately 100 percent smoke damage and 15 percent fire damage.

One adult female resident was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly