Lubbock Apartment Fire Leaves Tenants Homeless - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

12/2/04

Lubbock Apartment Fire Leaves Tenants Homeless

Christina Sanders was not planning to have her friends move her out of her apartment. It just happened. "This is my bedroom. My bed was against that wall. I'd been up for about 15 minutes. I got dressed for work. I came back in here, my wall was crackling. I was like, what in the world was that?" Christina said about a fire that would chase her out of her apartment.

Christina then called 9-1-1. She ran outside and saw flames shooting out of the roof of her complex. Neighbor Drew Williams grabbed his home video camera and shot some footage. Fire investigators say a faulty hot water heater started the fire in the boiler room.

Christina was unknowingly sleeping within inches to danger, but thankfully she says she woke up earlier than normal. She's now moving into a hotel for the time being.

Drew is back in his apartment. No fire damage, but just smoke damage to his place. But the entire apartment complex is without hot water. "I have friends and relatives in town, so if I need to take a shower, I'll just go over there," says Drew.

Apartment managers told tenants the hot water will be restored either Friday or Saturday.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.