McCartney fan has signature tattooed on her arm - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

McCartney fan has signature tattooed on her arm

Brittany Chipman and Beth Ferrara Brittany Chipman and Beth Ferrara

When Beth Ferrara from Los Angeles and her best friend Brittany Chipman from Dallas got tickets to the Paul McCartney concert in Lubbock, they had a plan.

They formed it by listening to a joke McCartney makes at many of his concerts about the fans' posters.

"He says, 'I'm not going to sign your butt,'" Chipman said, "but no one's poster says 'Sign my butt.'"

Out came the poster boards and markers, where Chipman wrote "Sign my butt! (just kidding) Sign my friend!" with an arrow on her poster pointing to Ferrara's sign, which read "I'm the friend! Please Paul, sign me for my only tattoo!"

These posters would be the only ingredients needed for the onstage moment of a lifetime.

"He thought it was pretty funny," Ferrara said, "and he ended up bringing us onstage and doing what we asked for, which was not to actually sign her butt, but to sign me for a tattoo. She got signed as well."

Ferrara has loved McCartney since she was a young girl, and said it was a dream come true to finally meet him.

Chipman said Ferrara got emotional when two security guards told them to join McCartney onstage.

"She started crying," Chipman said, "and I told her to calm down."

McCartney signed both of their arms, but only Brittany's will wash off.

"The memory of being on stage." she said. "You just can't top it, so I'm okay with not having it permanent."

Beth went to Inkfluence, a tattoo shop in Lubbock, to make sure hers will stay forever.

"I can't believe I'm here," Beth said inside Inkfluence. "Everything just came together."

McCartney's signature will be Beth's first and last tattoo, she said.

"I mean, it hurts," she said. "It doesn't feel good."

Even though Chipman just wanted Ferrara in the spotlight, Beth is glad she had her best friend with her every step of the way.

"I'm the happiest girl on the planet right now," Ferrara said as the artist finished her tattoo.

Copyright 2014 KCBD. All rights reserved.

States to ask judge to keep health subsidies cut by Trump

Monday, October 23 2017 5:23 AM EDT2017-10-23 09:23:58 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 7:45 AM EDT2017-10-23 11:45:12 GMT

State attorneys general argue the monthly payments are required under former President Barack Obama's health care law and cutting them off will harm consumers.

Bergdahl could get life in prison for endangering comrades

Monday, October 23 2017 3:34 AM EDT2017-10-23 07:34:03 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 7:44 AM EDT2017-10-23 11:44:43 GMT

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will appear Monday before the judge deciding his punishment for endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan in 2009.

Trump urges House GOP to move quickly on budget, tax cuts

Monday, October 23 2017 3:44 AM EDT2017-10-23 07:44:06 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 7:44 AM EDT2017-10-23 11:44:31 GMT

Trump on Sunday personally implored House GOP members on a conference call to swiftly adopt the budget that was passed last week by the Senate, with the hope of clearing the way for what he described as historic tax cuts.