At Least Five 2004 Lubbock Murders Remain Unsolved - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock


At Least Five 2004 Lubbock Murders Remain Unsolved

Eighteen people have been murdered in 2004 in Lubbock, 3 more homicides than last year. Many of the cases remain unsolved. Police are still trying to piece everything together. When you talk about unsolved murders in 2004, 5 major cases may come to mind. As frustrating as these situations are for detectives, they're still determined to close those cases.

Mid- January is the last time 78 year-old Mary Davis would leave her home. The woman everyone called "the candy lady," because she sold candy to children out of her home, was found dead in her home with multiple stab wounds. Davis was the first to be murdered in 2004 in Lubbock, police say her case is still unsolved. Seventeen others have been killed since then, but police never stop looking. Lubbock Police Homicide Division Detective Dewayne Proctor said, "Each one of these unsolved murders whether it's from 2004, 1979, or 1996, whichever we're working on is still an active investigation."

The death of 28 year-old Russell Baldree is the next unsolved case. Preliminary reports show he died of injuries he received in an accident on August second. The autopsy, however, shows a bullet to the chest killed him.

Next, we have a robbery turned murder at the 7-11 located at Iola and 19th. Patricia Ann Garcia went to work one night in early August, she did not come out alive. Police say she was shot once in the throat. The investigating officer says they received new information as recent as December 29th, but no arrests have been made.

Next, a quadruple homicide shocks a Northeast Lubbock community. A family friend found the bodies of 11 year-old Mahogany Allen, 9 year-old twins Kadiece and Kasheim Allen and their mother 45 year-old Tammy Cooper in pools of blood at the Windcrest Estacado Apartments. The original investigation lead them to Dallas, police are still searching for more promising leads.

Finally, the most recent homicide took place in an East Lubbock neighborhood just before Christmas. Police say after 20 year-old Martreon Moore was shot, he ran to a nearby house and asked the homeowner to call 911. The 911 caller was the only witness at the time. The investigating officer said a few people have now come forward with information on where Moore was shot before he went to the house. Det. Proctor said, "You have to fight and hunt a lot of times for the information we get, but it certainly makes you feel good as an investigator (when you receive it)."

Det. Proctor said any information you have will help, it doesn't matter how minute you think it is. It still helps them.

If you have any information in the aforementioned cases, please call Crime Line at 741-1000.

Powered by Frankly