Colorless and Odorless, A Gas That Kills - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/20/05

Colorless and Odorless, A Gas That Kills

A new report from the CDC finds nearly 15,000 people in this country are treated every year for carbon monoxide poisoning and 500 die. Those experts say more needs to be done to educate the public about carbon monoxide dangers.

So, remember that carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, deadly gas that can seep out of furnaces, cars, gas heaters and generators.

Signs that you could be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • cherry red flushing of the skin
  • a headache
  • nausea
  • burning of the eyes.

The fire department says every year, you should have your heating unit checked by a qualified person. Also invest in a carbon monoxide detector. Be sure to check the batteries at least once a year.

If you think you are suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, get out of the house and call the fire department. If you would just like to have your house tested for carbon monoxide call 775-2635.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.