- 2 tablespoons Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound turkey breast meat, cooked and diced
- One 16-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- One 16-ounce can chickpeas, undrained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Colavita balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound small shells
- Optional: 1/2 cup white wine
Serves 4 to 6
In a large skillet, sauté the garlic in the olive oil. When the garlic turns golden, discard it. Add the turkey, tomatoes, chickpeas, chicken stock, chives, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Toss the ingredients with the pasta and serve.
Wine suggestions: Perfect with Soave Bolla or Bolla Pinot Grigio.