A Buffalo Springs Lake family is trying to salvage their belongings after a fire destroyed their home.
NewsChannel 11 caught up with Monica King and her roommate as they were surveying the damage of their home on Monday. The fire broke out around 4:30 Saturday afternoon. The cause is under investigation but residents believe a candle may have been left unattended.
|Lubbock Red Cross|
Three people lived at the trailer, including King's 13-year-old daughter. They are now getting assistance from Red Cross. If you would like to help, call the Red Cross at (806) 765-8534.