Smoke detectors are being credited with saving the lives of a Lubbock couple.
A retired couple heard their smoke detectors go off at 4:30am Wednesday morning in their home, located in the 6500 block of Peoria. So they were able to escape their burning house safely. The house itself sustained extensive fire and smoke damage.
A small fire apparently started Tuesday when a plumber was soldering pipes in the wall. Investigators believe the fire smoldered all night and re-ignited Wednesday morning.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Making a Kit for an Emergency Situation