Trial underway for Lubbock man charged with indecency with a chi - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Trial underway for Lubbock man charged with indecency with a child

Curtis Johnson at the Lubbock County Courthouse (Source: KCBD Video) Curtis Johnson at the Lubbock County Courthouse (Source: KCBD Video)
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

A trial is underway for a Lubbock man charged with indecency with a child, but it could be wrapped up Wednesday.

The trial started Tuesday morning for 49-year-old Curtis James Johnson.

According to court documents, in May of last year, police say Johnson sexually assaulted a girl under the age of 17.

Johnson has previous convictions.

Court documents say he was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and domestic assault with a prior conviction in 2012.

Copyright 2016 KCBD. All rights reserved.

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Under fire _ from GOP _ Trump digs in on Confederate icons

    Under fire _ from GOP _ Trump digs in on Confederate icons

    Thursday, August 17 2017 3:49 AM EDT2017-08-17 07:49:12 GMT
    Friday, August 18 2017 3:02 AM EDT2017-08-18 07:02:31 GMT

    A growing number of business leaders on the councils had openly criticized his remarks laying blame for the violence at a white supremacist rally on "both sides."

    A growing number of business leaders on the councils had openly criticized his remarks laying blame for the violence at a white supremacist rally on "both sides."

  • Spanish police kill 5 suspects linked to Barcelona attack

    Spanish police kill 5 suspects linked to Barcelona attack

    Friday, August 18 2017 2:30 AM EDT2017-08-18 06:30:03 GMT
    Friday, August 18 2017 3:01 AM EDT2017-08-18 07:01:34 GMT

    Spanish police kill five suspects connected to the Barcelona van attack that killed 13 people, as the manhunt intensified for the perpetrators of Europe's latest rampage claimed by the Islamic State group.

    Spanish police kill five suspects connected to the Barcelona van attack that killed 13 people, as the manhunt intensified for the perpetrators of Europe's latest rampage claimed by the Islamic State group.

  • 5 terrorists killed to stop attempted second attack near Barcelona, police say

    5 terrorists killed to stop attempted second attack near Barcelona, police say

    Thursday, August 17 2017 11:45 AM EDT2017-08-17 15:45:43 GMT
    Friday, August 18 2017 1:47 AM EDT2017-08-18 05:47:16 GMT
    According to El Pais in Spain, authorities are treating the incident as a terrorist attack. (Source: AP Photo/Oriol Duran)According to El Pais in Spain, authorities are treating the incident as a terrorist attack. (Source: AP Photo/Oriol Duran)

    A second attack near Barcelona has been foiled, police said early Friday morning.  A terrorist attack in Barcelona on Thursday took the lives of at least 13 and left 100 injured.

    A second attack near Barcelona has been foiled, police said early Friday morning.  A terrorist attack in Barcelona on Thursday took the lives of at least 13 and left 100 injured.

Powered by Frankly