Congressman Jodey Arrington meets with local Democrats - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Congressman Jodey Arrington meets with local Democrats

Arrington visits with local Democrats (Source: KCBD Video) Arrington visits with local Democrats (Source: KCBD Video)

"I think this is a win for American democracy," said local Democrat TG Caraway.

"I think it was probably a win for both sides," local Democrat Brenda Cruze said.

"I think we are probably going to find a common ground, and we are going to continue through dialogue to find a common ground and I think this is a great first step," Lubbock County Democratic chair Stuart Williams said.

It appeared to be a great first step, as 18-local democrat leaders sat down with congressman Jodey Arrington today, for a round table discussion.

“As the proud representative of this district, that leadership is about working together to solve problems and it’s about mutual respect,” said U.S. Representative for Texas's 19th congressional district Jodey Arrington.

That's what they were able to find, a mutual respect. Even though, either side might not agree with one another.

"On a lot of these issues, he has his position and I think he is quite wrong on a lot of them," Stuart Williams said.

"I don't think he and I agree on how to get there, but I was happy he was willing to hear where I stood," local Democrat Brenda Cruze said.

"He wants to bring back more people, and have more of these and you know that's part of his job. To sit here and listen to his constituents whether he agrees with them or not," said local Democrat TG Caraway.

After it all, Congressman Arrington had a simple message to the local democratic leaders after the discussion.

"I want to thank them, if they are watching tonight. I want to say, you made me proud to be a west Texan. You made me proud to represent this region, and to serve all west Texans regardless of party," said Congressman Jodey Arrington.

Senate GOP shelves health bill, imperils 'Obamacare' repeal

Tuesday, June 27 2017 4:13 AM EDT2017-06-27 08:13:16 GMT
    Wednesday, June 28 2017 2:54 AM EDT2017-06-28 06:54:40 GMT

Congress' nonpartisan budget referee says the Senate Republican health care bill would leave 22 million additional people uninsured in 2026 compared to President Barack Obama's law.

Florida beats LSU 6-1 at CWS for 1st national championship

Tuesday, June 27 2017 11:43 PM EDT2017-06-28 03:43:50 GMT
    Wednesday, June 28 2017 2:35 AM EDT2017-06-28 06:35:51 GMT
    (AP Photo/Matt Ryerson). Florida pitcher Tyler Dyson, center, is congratulated by teammates after being relieved during the seventh inning against LSU in Game 2 of the NCAA College World Series baseball finals in Omaha, Neb., Tuesday, June 27, 2017.(AP Photo/Matt Ryerson). Florida pitcher Tyler Dyson, center, is congratulated by teammates after being relieved during the seventh inning against LSU in Game 2 of the NCAA College World Series baseball finals in Omaha, Neb., Tuesday, June 27, 2017.

Florida breaks open the game in 8th inning, and beats LSU 6-1 for its first national title in baseball.

Few answers on travel ban as launch deadline looms

Tuesday, June 27 2017 3:53 AM EDT2017-06-27 07:53:13 GMT
    Wednesday, June 28 2017 2:27 AM EDT2017-06-28 06:27:48 GMT

The Supreme Court's ruling to allow President Donald Trump's travel ban go forward in part leaves more questions than it answers.