Formerly homeless man buys new bike for Lubbock homeless man who - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Formerly homeless man buys new bike for Lubbock homeless man whose bike was stolen

Julian Deleon hugs Spencer Terry after giving Spencer his new bike (source: KCBD video) Julian Deleon hugs Spencer Terry after giving Spencer his new bike (source: KCBD video)
Spencer smiling after riding his new bike around the street (source: KCBD video) Spencer smiling after riding his new bike around the street (source: KCBD video)

A wonderful act of kindness here in Lubbock today.

The Lubbock Police Department Homeless Outreach team posted a photo on Facebook Monday, after one of the men they help named Spencer Terry, had his bike stolen that was given to him from the Homeless Outreach Team.

After seeing this post, dozens reached out, including Julian Deleon.

Because he knew how the homeless man in that photo felt.

"I was homeless for about eight months. Living under a bridge just trying to live through life. And then finally just came to the sense to go get help," Deleon said.

Spencer Terry works two jobs, and the bike given to him by the Homeless Outreach Team was his only way to get to and from work.

Deleon knew he had to step in.

"I feel his pain. I know exactly where he’s been. And I know how it is. So I finally have the time to give back," Deleon said.

He bought Spencer a brand new bike and a lock, so no one could steal his bike again.

And less than 24 hours after the post, Julian and the team surprised Spencer at work.

"Man I just want to come to you with open arms man. I saw your story. I used to be where you’re at. I know exactly how it feels. I mean I know what it means to not have those two wheels, or four wheels, I mean I’ve been there. And I’m here to give you, hopefully, a life changing gift," Deleon said to Terry.

It’s the true meaning of paying it forward.

"I feel like, hopefully, this will be a changer for him. That there is someone who cares out there," Deleon said.

"Man I just, I didn’t think anybody else was ever in my position you know, that would you know do something like this. It’s pretty amazing," Terry said.

Copyright 2017 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Macron urges US to reject isolationism

Wednesday, April 25 2018 11:30 AM EDT2018-04-25 15:30:41 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 2:41 PM EDT2018-04-25 18:41:00 GMT
    (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). French President Emmanuel Macron gestures as he is introduced before speaking to a joint meeting of Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington, Wednesday, April 25, 2018.(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). French President Emmanuel Macron gestures as he is introduced before speaking to a joint meeting of Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington, Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
    French President Emmanuel Macron extolled the "special bond" between the United States and France during his speech in front of a joint meeting of Congress.

Lax vetting on Trump nominees begins to frustrate senators

Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:47 AM EDT2018-04-25 04:47:40 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 2:40 PM EDT2018-04-25 18:40:53 GMT
    (AP Photo/Alex Brandon). CIA director Mike Pompeo and his wife Susan Pompeo arrive for a State Dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron and President Donald Trump at the White House, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, in Washington.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon). CIA director Mike Pompeo and his wife Susan Pompeo arrive for a State Dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron and President Donald Trump at the White House, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, in Washington.

As President Donald Trump's pick to lead Veterans Affairs skids to a halt, senators from both parties are voicing frustration that the White House is skipping crucial vetting of nominees and leaving lawmakers to clean up the mess.

Trump seems likely to win travel ban case at Supreme Court

Wednesday, April 25 2018 12:49 AM EDT2018-04-25 04:49:52 GMT
    Wednesday, April 25 2018 2:40 PM EDT2018-04-25 18:40:50 GMT
    (AP Photo/Jessica Gresko). In this April 23, 2018, photo, people wait in line outside the Supreme Court in Washington, to be in the gallery when the court hears arguments in on April 25, over President Donald Trump’s ban on travelers from several mostl...(AP Photo/Jessica Gresko). In this April 23, 2018, photo, people wait in line outside the Supreme Court in Washington, to be in the gallery when the court hears arguments in on April 25, over President Donald Trump’s ban on travelers from several mostl...

The Supreme Court is saving one of its biggest cases for last, weighing President Donald Trump's ban on travelers from several mostly Muslim countries.