Fireworks stands across Lubbock county opened Friday, and already fire officials say they're the cause of a grassfire.
A grass fire in North Lubbock County was sparked by kids playing with fireworks Friday evening. No one was injured, but fire officials say it's a reminder to be careful when playing with fireworks this 4th of July. And just because fireworks stands are open, that doesn't mean you can just set off a colorful display just anywhere.
Remember, a Lubbock city ordinance strictly prohibits the possession of fireworks inside the city limits.
|4th on Broadway- 2005|