Two-Year-Old Starts Mobile Home Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

7/12/05

Two-Year-Old Starts Mobile Home Fire

The Lubbock Fire Department is sending this warning, "never let children handle cigarette lighters." A charred skeleton is all that remains of a mobile home in the 2200 block of Research Boulevard. Investigators say a two-year-old was playing with a lighter and accidentally set the home on fire. The two-year-old, her three-year-old brother and their mother were in the house but were able to get out safely. The homeowner, the grandmother, saw the smoke from 50th and Quaker and rushed home. Mary Ann Cooper says, "I saw the fire department. Everyone was here. All of the sudden, I saw everything go poof. I saw flames coming out of everywhere and windows breaking." A fund has been set up for Chuck and Mary Ann Cooper and their family. You can donate at the First Convenience Bank at any Lubbock Wal-Mart location.

get more>> Web Enhanced
Making a Kit for an Emergency Situation
When preparing for a possible emergency situation, it's best to think first about the basics of survival: fresh water, food, clean air and warmth.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.