400 students evacuated from Texas Tech dorm due to fire

400 students evacuated from Texas Tech dorm due to fire

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Nearly 400 students were evacuated from a dorm on the Texas Tech University campus Tuesday morning after a fire was reported.

The fire was reported on the third floor of Horn/Knapp Hall located at 16th and University Ave.

According to officials on the scene, construction work sparked the fire.

Students are expected to be allowed back into the residence hall around 1 p.m.

Copyright 2017 KCBD. All rights reserved.