LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Free blood pressure, BMI and glucose screenings will be offered at this year's Texas Tech Physicians Health Fair.
There will also be health information available from Texas Tech Physicians - Dermatology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Orthapedics, Pediatrics, Surgery and Urology.
This free event for the public, runs from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, October 14th at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Academic Classroom Building, 3601 Fourth St. first floor lobby.
Presentations by experts from Texas Tech Physicians will include the following:
- 9:30 a.m. Pet Therapy-Matt Driskell, Texas Tech Physicians – Surgery
- 9:30 a.m. Resistance Training Benefit Mimi Zumwalt, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Orthopedic Surgery
- 9:30 a.m. Recognizing and Understanding MS Dr. Mirla Avila, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Neurology
- 10 a.m. Geriatric Health John Culberson, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Family Medicine
- 10:30 a.m. Most Common Eye Disorders Matthew Mahek, O.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Ophthalmology
- 10:30 a.m. Sleep Hygiene Marina Chavez, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Psychiatry
- 11 a.m. Vaccines and Diseases: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Tammy Camp, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Pediatrics
- 11 a.m. Suicide Ankit Chalia, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Psychiatry
- 11:30 a.m. Skin Cancer Ashley Sturgeon, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Dermatology
For more information, contact Kathleen McPherson at Kathleen.email@example.com or (806) 743-5637.