Man loses finger in pit bull attack - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Man loses finger in pit bull attack

"It was biting me in the stomach, I attempted to block it with my hand and it bit my finger off," Maxwell said. (Source WOIO) "It was biting me in the stomach, I attempted to block it with my hand and it bit my finger off," Maxwell said. (Source WOIO)
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

A 911 call was the start of an awful week for Steve Maxwell.  He made this call on Saturday night

"I'm losing blood, I've been bitten by some pit bulls and I've lost part of my finger," Maxwell said.

Maxwell is healing, but plenty of marks remain from his attack, what doesn't remain is a big chunk of his middle finger

He unwrapped the bandages on the finger, it is not a pretty sight.

There was no sign of the neighbor at Maxwell's home but he says the battle with three pit bulls was a struggle like no other.

His neighbor was wrestling with the dogs and Maxwell went to help he says the neighbor .

His finger has not been found.

The dogs remain at the home.

Maxwell said he has been told they are quarantined for 10 days and would be fed and watered twice a day.

He's seen no activity at the home.

One of Maxwell's concerns is the fact that the dogs are still next door two in the front home, one in the back and the yard is not completely fenced in.

That means if they're out of the house they could attack anyone for blocks.

"Apparently there are no charges I can press against this," Maxwell said.

"In this case it was a personal injury.  Our main concern is making sure the dog warden is notified so that he can do his investigation into proper licensing and those type of thing," Lorain Sheriff's Lieutenant Dan Ashdown said.

Maxwell initially felt he was being ignored, but the case was moving through channels and it is a civil matter.

Download the Cleveland 19 News app and First Alert Weather app.

Copyright 2017 WOIO. All rights reserved.

FBI Director Wray says Russia continues to sow discord in US

Wednesday, July 18 2018 8:09 PM EDT2018-07-19 00:09:49 GMT
    Thursday, July 19 2018 1:47 AM EDT2018-07-19 05:47:36 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this Sept. 28, 2017, file photo, FBI Director Chris Wray speaks at his installation ceremony at the FBI Building in Washington. Wray is dismissing Russia President Vladimir Putin’s denial of election meddling. ...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this Sept. 28, 2017, file photo, FBI Director Chris Wray speaks at his installation ceremony at the FBI Building in Washington. Wray is dismissing Russia President Vladimir Putin’s denial of election meddling. ...
    FBI Director Christopher Wray is dismissing Russia President Vladimir Putin's denial of election meddling.

Zuckerberg: Holocaust deniers won't be banned from Facebook

Wednesday, July 18 2018 6:08 PM EDT2018-07-18 22:08:46 GMT
    Thursday, July 19 2018 1:46 AM EDT2018-07-19 05:46:32 GMT
    Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn't believe Holocaust denial content should be banned from Facebook. (Source: CNN)

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that while he finds Holocaust denial "deeply offensive," he doesn't believe that such content should be banned from Facebook.

Sex abuse victims join hands, accept courage award at ESPYs

Wednesday, July 18 2018 11:20 PM EDT2018-07-19 03:20:36 GMT
    Thursday, July 19 2018 1:27 AM EDT2018-07-19 05:27:34 GMT
    (Photo by Phil McCarten/Invision/AP) Former gymnast Sarah Klein, former Michigan State softball player Tiffany Thomas Lopez and gymnast Aly Raisman, from left in front, and others who suffered sexual abuse accept the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage.(Photo by Phil McCarten/Invision/AP) Former gymnast Sarah Klein, former Michigan State softball player Tiffany Thomas Lopez and gymnast Aly Raisman, from left in front, and others who suffered sexual abuse accept the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage.

The women who spoke out against the abuse by Larry Nassar stood together Wednesday night in a powerful and solemn closing to the show highlighting the past year's top athletes and moments in sports.