Love really does conquer all as Clemson-Carolina couple get enga - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Love really does conquer all as Clemson-Carolina couple get engaged at rivalry game

Peter Cribbs and Ashley Crafts before the proposal on Saturday. (Source: Peter Cribbs) Peter Cribbs and Ashley Crafts before the proposal on Saturday. (Source: Peter Cribbs)
(Source: Peter Cribbs) (Source: Peter Cribbs)
(WIS) -

Peter Cribbs said he's been waiting for the right time to propose to his girlfriend, Ashley Crafts.

He said, much like trying to find tickets to last week's Clemson-South Carolina showdown, nothing worked out for the proposal.

"I've been planning the perfect time to pop the question but had no idea when I would ask until I went Black Friday shopping and saw the perfect ring," Cribbs said.

Cribbs, a Clemson fan, happened to get tickets from a Lexington season ticket holder who wasn't going to go. The plan was on after that.

"We found a great tailgating spot full of Clemson fans around 3 p.m. and spent the day with my cousin and some friends till about 7," Cribbs said.

With the ring in hand, his plan was set.

"10 minutes before we left to walk to the game, I reached into the car and snuck the jewelry box into my back pocket," Cribbs said. "I had hinted around to her all day that into would be a special day but she thought I meant just because we were headed to the game."

Despite calling Williams-Brice Stadium to try and get some jumbotron love to no avail, Cribbs said he constantly asked Crafts Saturday's date because it would be one they would remember forever.

"I planned on having an even bigger surprise using some of the audience but she wouldn't leave my side long enough," he said. "So I just decided that it was all about me and her anyway."

Cribbs, 40, called Crafts, 35, "the love of my life" in his Facebook video post showcasing their engagement. He loves her - just not her love for the Gamecocks.

"Little did it know so many people would be affected by the cheers and chants got louder and louder," Cribbs said.

Cribbs said since the proposal, he and his love have been on Cloud 9 - especially since he got the girl and the victory, with the Gamecocks losing 34-10 at home.

"We haven't set an exact date yet but we are looking into spring next year," Cribbs said. "I thought she was on to me when out of the blue she asked if she could have Cocky at our wedding and I replied only if the Tigers could come. What a coincidence!"

Maybe Cocky and the Tiger can be ushers at the wedding!

MORE FROM WISTV.com

Clemson celebrates fourth straight victory over South Carolina with T-shirt

Swinney gets 100th win as Tigers roll over Gamecocks in 34-10 win

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney says fans throwing trash were 'dangerous', 'disappointing'

Clemson makes big moves in AP, Coaches Poll

Copyright 2017 WIS. All rights reserved.

2 deputies killed at FL restaurant in apparent ambush

Thursday, April 19 2018 8:40 PM EDT2018-04-20 00:40:52 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 8:40 PM EDT2018-04-20 00:40:52 GMT

The deputies were identified as Noel Ramirez and Taylor Lindsey.

The deputies were identified as Noel Ramirez and Taylor Lindsey.

Parent upset after preschool bans child from having a 'best friend'

Thursday, April 19 2018 9:17 PM EDT2018-04-20 01:17:59 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 9:17 PM EDT2018-04-20 01:17:59 GMT
    Juliana Hartwell attended Pentucket Workshop Preschool in Georgetown, MA. (Source: WBZ/CNN)Juliana Hartwell attended Pentucket Workshop Preschool in Georgetown, MA. (Source: WBZ/CNN)

"I think it's ridiculous" said the mother of the child, after she was told she couldn't use the term "best friend" by a teacher.

Police say teen who searched for missing pal was his killer

Thursday, April 19 2018 4:56 PM EDT2018-04-19 20:56:14 GMT
    Thursday, April 19 2018 9:17 PM EDT2018-04-20 01:17:44 GMT
    (AP Photo/Mike Balsamo). Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. John Corina, left, speaks next to Deputy Joana Warren outside of the sheriff's homicide bureau office in Monterey Park, Calif., Thursday, April 19, 2018. Los Angeles County sheriff's investigato...(AP Photo/Mike Balsamo). Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. John Corina, left, speaks next to Deputy Joana Warren outside of the sheriff's homicide bureau office in Monterey Park, Calif., Thursday, April 19, 2018. Los Angeles County sheriff's investigato...
    Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators say a 16-year-old who was part of a search party looking for a missing high school sports star led the group to discover the boy's body but investigators suspect he was the person who fatally stabbed him.