Long-time school board member not seeking re-election - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Long-time school board member not seeking re-election

James Arnold (Source: LISD) James Arnold (Source: LISD)

A man who has served on the Lubbock ISD school board for the past 15 years is not seeking re-election.

James Arnold, current LISD School Board Vice President, released a statement Friday morning.

Today, I am announcing that I will not seek re-election to the Lubbock ISD Board of Trustees. I have enjoyed serving the teachers, students, and parents of Lubbock ISD for the past 15 years. It has been a very rewarding experience.

The relationships that I have developed with teachers, principals, and administrators are something I will cherish for a lifetime.  Working alongside Superintendents Wayne Havens, Karen Garza, and Berhl Robertson has truly been a rewarding experience for me, and I am confident that Kathy Rollo will assume the role of Superintendent leading the district to new heights. She is the right leader at the right time and Lubbock ISD is in great hands with Kathy at the helm.

Lastly, I would like to thank my family and American Bank of Commerce for allowing me the time to work for the teachers and students of LISD. I will continue to serve my constituents until the election in May and look forward to working alongside Dr. Rollo for the remainder of my term.

James Arnold
President

There are three seats on the LISD school board up for the general election on May 5, 2018. The last day to file to run is February 16, 2018. The District 3, 4 and At-Large positions will be on the ballot.

Copyright 2018 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Watch KCBD NewsChannel 11 On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

KCBD NewsChannel 11 News App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

KCBD NewsChannel 11 Weather App - Install or update on your: iPhone | Android

Kim Jong Un says Koreas on "starting line" of a new history

Wednesday, April 25 2018 10:38 PM EDT2018-04-26 02:38:28 GMT
    Friday, April 27 2018 2:54 AM EDT2018-04-27 06:54:48 GMT
    Kim Jong Un became the first North Korean leader to cross the Military Demarcation Line into the South. (Source: Pool/CNN)Kim Jong Un became the first North Korean leader to cross the Military Demarcation Line into the South. (Source: Pool/CNN)

Seoul says North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon-Jae-in will plant a tree together and inspect an honor guard after Kim walks across the border for the leaders' historic summit.

The Latest: Kim's wife to cross border for dinner with South

Thursday, April 26 2018 8:03 PM EDT2018-04-27 00:03:04 GMT
    Friday, April 27 2018 2:54 AM EDT2018-04-27 06:54:18 GMT
    (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). South Korean President Moon Jae-in waves as he leaves to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, near presidential Blue House in Seoul, South Korea, Friday, April 27, 2018. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Moo...(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). South Korean President Moon Jae-in waves as he leaves to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, near presidential Blue House in Seoul, South Korea, Friday, April 27, 2018. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Moo...
    South Korean President Moon Jae-in leaves for summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Friday, April 27 2018 2:53 AM EDT2018-04-27 06:53:49 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."