Provided by Lubbock Christian University
Lubbock Christian University to host thousands of alumni, family, and friends for event filled homecoming weekend on Feb. 8-11.
Where most universities situate their homecoming festivities around a football game in the fall, LCU celebrates in the spring by centering their weekend on the nationally recognized Chap and Lady Chap Basketball teams.
Another long standing tradition of homecoming is Master Follies, a musical variety show and competition that began in 1958. This tradition that has reached its 60th anniversary was once created by a professor to raise funds to buy a new piano for the university and has turned into a campus wide celebration of creativity and the arts. This year, LCU Master Follies will be sponsored by Thacker Jewelry.
LCU's homecoming weekend holds various traditions and events, allowing alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends to have many opportunities to get involved.
The homecoming weekend events include:
Thursday, February 8
- Chap Basketball team plays Dallas Baptist University: 7 p.m., RIP Griffin Center
Friday, February 9
- Chap Baseball team plays Regis University: 4:00 p.m., Hays Field
- Master Follies- "Can't Stop This Feeling": 7:30 p.m., McDonald Moody Auditorium
Saturday, February 10
- Chap Baseball team plays Regis University: 1 p.m., Hays Field
- Lady Chap Basketball team plays Rogers State: 1 p.m., Rip Griffin Center
- Chap Basketball team plays Rogers State: 3 p.m., Rip Griffin Center
- Master Follies - "Can't Stop This Feeling": 3 p.m., McDonald Moody Auditorium
- Master Follies - "Can't Stop This Feeling": 7:30 p.m., McDonald Moody Auditorium (Sold Out)
Alumni Art Exhibits
Pioneer Gallery in the University Library
- Retrospective: works by alumnus, Hanson Ling. On display from Jan. 8 to Mar. 2
- Friday Viewing | 7:45am–6pm
- Friday Reception | 4pm–5pm
- Saturday Viewing | 10am–6pm
Diana Ling Center for Academic Achievement