Police searching for suspect in attempted kidnapping in Lubbock - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

Police searching for suspect in attempted kidnapping in Lubbock

(Source: KCBD) (Source: KCBD)
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

The Lubbock Police Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying an attempted kidnapping suspect.

Around 8:30 p.m., on March 11th, officers responded to a home in the 5700 block of 62nd Street where a male had just attempted to kidnap a 20-year-old female resident.

Officers were told the male suspect knocked on the door and claimed there was a water leak at the home. When the female walked outside to check on the leak, the male grabbed the female and began to hit her multiple times. Officers were advised the suspect attempted to drag the female way from the home. The victim was able to kick free from the suspect and ran into the home to call police.

The victim was taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.

Upon further investigation, it appears the same male suspect came to the house a few days earlier on March 9th asking for help to locate a missing dog. The residents did not come out of the house during this incident.

At this time, the suspect has not been located. He is described as a Hispanic male, possibly 30 to 40 years old, approximately 5’07” and 250 pounds.

Anyone who may have seen this man around the time of the incident or anyone who may have had a similar encounter with someone matching this description is asked to call police. People with information can call Crime Line at (806)741-1000. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.

Watch KCBD NewsChannel 11 On Demand: On your Desktop | On your Mobile device

Copyright 2018 KCBD. All rights reserved.

  • Local News on KCBD.comNewsMore>>

  • Microsoft uncovers more Russian hacking ahead of midterms

    Microsoft uncovers more Russian hacking ahead of midterms

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 12:25 AM EDT2018-08-21 04:25:35 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 12:22 PM EDT2018-08-21 16:22:39 GMT
    (AP Photo/Altaf Qadri, File). FILE - In this Nov. 7, 2017, file photo, a man is silhouetted as he walks in front of Microsoft logo at an event in New Delhi, India. Microsoft says it’s uncovered new Russian hacking attempts targeting U.S. political grou...(AP Photo/Altaf Qadri, File). FILE - In this Nov. 7, 2017, file photo, a man is silhouetted as he walks in front of Microsoft logo at an event in New Delhi, India. Microsoft says it’s uncovered new Russian hacking attempts targeting U.S. political grou...

    The hacking attempts mirror similar Russian attacks ahead of the 2016 election, which U.S. intelligence officials have said were focused on helping to elect Republican Donald Trump to the presidency by hurting his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

    The hacking attempts mirror similar Russian attacks ahead of the 2016 election, which U.S. intelligence officials have said were focused on helping to elect Republican Donald Trump to the presidency by hurting his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

  • US deports former Nazi camp guard, 95, to Germany

    US deports former Nazi camp guard, 95, to Germany

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 4:18 AM EDT2018-08-21 08:18:16 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 12:22 PM EDT2018-08-21 16:22:06 GMT
    The deportation of the 95-year-old former concentration camp guard, Jakiw Palij, came 25 years after investigators first confronted him about his World War II past and he admitted lying to get into the U.S. (Source: Department of Justice)The deportation of the 95-year-old former concentration camp guard, Jakiw Palij, came 25 years after investigators first confronted him about his World War II past and he admitted lying to get into the U.S. (Source: Department of Justice)

    The White House says a 95-year-old former Nazi concentration camp guard has been deported to Germany, 14 years after a judge ordered him deported.

    The White House says a 95-year-old former Nazi concentration camp guard has been deported to Germany, 14 years after a judge ordered him deported.

  • Man admits slaying wife, blames her for daughters' deaths

    Man admits slaying wife, blames her for daughters' deaths

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 12:15 AM EDT2018-08-21 04:15:23 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 12:09 PM EDT2018-08-21 16:09:55 GMT
    Christopher Watts, 33, faces three first-degree murder charges, two counts of murdering a child under 12, one count of unlawful termination of a pregnancy and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body. (Source: Weld County Sheriff/KMGH/CNN)Christopher Watts, 33, faces three first-degree murder charges, two counts of murdering a child under 12, one count of unlawful termination of a pregnancy and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body. (Source: Weld County Sheriff/KMGH/CNN)

    The father of two told police in court papers released Monday that he killed his pregnant wife after witnessing her strangling one of the girls on a baby monitor.

    The father of two told police in court papers released Monday that he killed his pregnant wife after witnessing her strangling one of the girls on a baby monitor.

Powered by Frankly