LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Every week health inspectors head into Lubbock kitchens to make sure your family has a safe eating experience, but they don't just inspect restaurants. They check out any establishment that has food or drinks.
And we see that in the tonight's low performer.
KCBD NewsChannel 11's Christy Hartin dishes out the violations in this week's Food for Thought.
Pure Water Ice & Tea at 3333 82nd had 15 violations.
- A scoop used for powdered lemonade was heavily soiled.
- The soda nozzles at both drink stations were soiled.
- I hand wash station did not have paper towels, and the soap dispenser was not working properly.
- The ice scoop was on top of the ice machine.
- A bag of ice was in the hand sink, and a dirty rag was in front of the sink. Hand sinks are for hand washing only to prevent cross-contamination.
- Fruit flies were near the customer's drink station.
- Chemicals were stored above tea and soda boxes.
- Personal shoes and clothes or store next to the syrup boxes.
- A container of tea was broken and had tape on it.
- The bottom of the reach in cooler was dirty.
- The facility did not have food-handler certificates for its employees.
- An open container of milk did not have a date mark.
- Shelves by the customer's drink station were broken.
- There is no cover on the trashcan in the employee restroom.
The inspector notes, based on the number and the nature of the violations management did not show proper food safety knowledge. The report shows most violations were corrected at the time of the inspection.
Now to this week's good news. Here's a look at our top performers:
- B&C Nutrition at 8004 Indiana
- Great American Bagel - 5401 MLK Blvd. (Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport)
- Pizza Hut - 5401 MLK Blvd. (Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport)
- Starbucks - 5401 MLK Blvd. (Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport)