LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - The City's spring and summer irrigation restrictions become effective on April 1 each year and continue through September 30. The specific restrictions associated with this time period include:
Spring & Summer Restrictions - April 1 thru September 30
- Irrigate less than 1.5 inches per zone per week
- On your scheduled watering days, irrigation is allowed from midnight to 10:00 a.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to midnight.
- No irrigation is allowed between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Other year-round restrictions outlined in the City's Water Use Management Plan ordinance, include:
- Irrigate landscape only during two assigned days per week year-round
- Irrigation schedules are based on the last digit of the house address:
*Addresses ending in 0, 3, 4, or 9 – Monday and Thursday
*Addresses ending in 1, 5, or 6 - Tuesday and Friday
*Addresses ending in 2, 7, or 8 – Wednesday & Saturday
Other Year-Round Restrictions
- Irrigate only when temperatures are above 35 degrees Fahrenheit
- Irrigate landscape without the runoff
- Do not irrigate during precipitation events
- Hand watering is allowed any time of day and on any day of the week
The City of Lubbock commends its customers for the significant amount of water that has been conserved over the past decade. The city asks all residents and businesses continue to be considerate and efficient with their water usage in an effort to conserve water and reduce overall demand to preserve our water supplies for many decades to come. Effective water conservation is a long-term continuous effort.