LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Ford Motor Credit has filed a civil lawsuit against the three entities and two people who were not listed in the Reagor-Dykes Auto Group bankruptcy.
Last week, an extension was granted for Reagor-Dykes Auto Group (RDAG) to respond to the lawsuit filed against them. Ford Motor Credit's complaint says they're owed more than $40 million.
Federal Judge Sam R. Cummings granted, in part, a motion to extend a deadline for Reagor-Dykes Auto Group entities which are not involved in the chapter 11 bankruptcy. They were granted an additional two weeks, which ends on Sept. 14.
The entities not involved in the bankruptcy involve Bart Reagor, Rick Dykes, the Reagor-Dykes Auto Mall at 19th and Ave. K, Reagor-Dykes II at that same location and Reagor-Dykes III, which is Reagor-Dykes Auto Group, next door to the 19th and Ave. K location.
In the motion for the extension, RDAG says they need more time because the focus of the reorganization efforts, they have not had enough time to "deal with this litigation"
They also say Reagor, Dykes, and the three entities may be filing chapter 11 petitions and have been involved in the chapter 11 bankruptcy case with the other RDAG entities.
However, the civil lawsuit states on Sept. 14, the same day the extension ends, those involved must answer the complaint by Ford Motor Credit. If RDAG does not respond, judgment by default will be entered against Rick Dykes, Bart Reagor and the three businesses.