There's nothing left...everything is gone. That's the consensus a Lubbock County family of four came to when going through the rubble of their home.
NewsChannel 11 walked through the burnt debris with the Sykes family Tuesday. It was the first time homeowner Lex Sykes was able to see the remains of his north Lubbock County home in the daylight.
Sykes was working hurricane relief efforts for Xcel in Florida when he got a call from his son Monday night, telling him their home had caught fire. "It really tears you up. I mean everything is gone," said Sykes.
Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the fire. They believe debris could've sparked a grass fire that spread to the mobile home.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Fireworks Safety Tips