Dryer Caused Central Lubbock House Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

11/14/05

Dryer Caused Central Lubbock House Fire

A clothing dryer is to blame for the house fire that forced an 11-year-old girl to crawl through a window.

Elizabeth Borjas was home alone Friday in the 2200 Block of 48th Street when the fire started shortly after six o'clock in the afternoon. She smelled something burning, saw smoke and crawled to safety.

"I didn't know what to do, and then I remember at school when they tell you to get out the nearest exist. So, I had to crawl through the window, but I was shaking," Elizabeth said.

Safety investigators say the dryer malfunctioned, sparking the fire in the utility room, causing about $40,000 worth of damage.

get more>> Web Enhanced
Making a Kit for an Emergency Situation
When preparing for a possible emergency situation, it's best to think first about the basics of survival: fresh water, food, clean air and warmth.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.