A warning from the Lubbock Fire Department, heat your home safely. Fire trucks lined the 2400 Block of 22nd place around five o'clock Tuesday morning. Apparently, a rug was left over a furnace sparking a fire. Fortunately, no one was injured but fire fighters remind you to keep furnaces and space heaters away from anything flammable.
Thirty-minutes later, fire fighters were called to the 2000 of 61 Street. No one lives there but former owners had apparently left some electrical equipment in the garage. Investigators say the fire started behind a clothes dryer, causing $30,000 in damage.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Winterizing Your Home