Heater Starts East Lubbock Apartment Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

12/27/05

Heater Starts East Lubbock Apartment Fire

Investigators say a heater is to blame for an apartment fire in East Lubbock Tuesday morning.

It happened in the 300 Block of East 34th Street around 10:30 Tuesday morning. Investigators say an unattended heater caught a mattress on fire. The damage was limited to the second floor apartment as firefighters arrived in time to keep the flames from spreading.

The tenant who lived in the apartment was not home at the time, and no one was injured.

Home Heating Safety and You
In our efforts to stay warm this winter, it's important to remember that heating equipment is the number one cause of home fires in the United States. To ensure your safety, you should follow these fire safety tips provided by the National Fire Protection Association.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.