House Fire Leaves 11 Homeless - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/7/06

House Fire Leaves 11 Homeless

The Lubbock Fire Department is sending out a warning: Make sure you have working smoke detectors in your home - because it could save a life.

This message after a fire leaves a family of 11 homeless. Fire officials say there were no smoke detectors in a home at 2819 Auburn. It caught fire around 5:00 Saturday morning. The family was asleep in the home when they awoke to smoke. Luckily, they all escaped without injury. The Fire Marshall's Office say an overloaded extension cord covered up by clothing and bedding sparked the fire.

At least 11 people, including four children, were displaced by the fire. Red Cross is assisting the family.

Disaster Supplies Kit
There are six basics you should stock for your home: water, food, first aid supplies, clothing and bedding, tools and emergency supplies, and special items.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.