Candle Plate Starts House Fire - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

1/30/06

Candle Plate Starts House Fire

Less than an hour later, firefighters were called to an East Lubbock home. Investigators are calling it a total loss. The fire started in the 2100 block of east 30th street apparently after a candle was left unattended. However, it was not an open flame, rather the *hotplate* it was sitting on.

The fire was contained to a bedroom, but caused smoke damage throughout. A woman and three children lived there. Fortunately no one was injured.

Home Heating Safety and You
In our efforts to stay warm this winter, it's important to remember that heating equipment is the number one cause of home fires in the United States. To ensure your safety, you should follow these fire safety tips provided by the National Fire Protection Association.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.