MOJO BEEF KABOBS
Mojo sauce is a classic combination of lime, garlic and oregano. It is also great with whole grilled steaks such as flank or top loin steaks.
Total preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick 1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges 1 small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges 1 container grape or cherry tomatoes (about 10 ounces)
Mojo Sauce: 1/4 cup fresh orange juice 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon minced garlic 3/4 teaspoon salt.
1. Whisk Cuban-Garlic Citrus Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut beef steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces; season with pepper.
3. Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
4. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill tomato kabobs, uncovered, about 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally. Grill beef kabobs, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
5. Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 285 calories; 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 50 mg cholesterol; 500 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 27 g protein; 8.2 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B 6 ; 1.4 mcg vitamin B 12 ; 2.6 mg iron; 31.9 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc.