Investigators Rule Deadly Fire An Accident - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

2/28/06

Investigators Rule Deadly Fire An Accident

The deadly fire in West Lubbock was an accident. That's according to fire officials investigating the case. The fire sparked early Saturday morning, at a duplex in the 7500 block of 19th street.

Investigators believe the fire started in the area of a space heater, or perhaps the cord that powered it. Joe and Amanda Hale managed to get out of their home safely but their 9-month-old son, William Jay, died in the blaze.

Investigators say the property's lease agreement required the family to properly maintain smoke detectors however they could find no evidence of any smoke detectors in the home.

Home Heating Safety and You
In our efforts to stay warm this winter, it's important to remember that heating equipment is the number one cause of home fires in the United States. To ensure your safety, you should follow these fire safety tips provided by the National Fire Protection Association.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.