Thursday morning we had coffee with District 5 City Council candidate, John Leonard. He joined NewsChannel 11's Sharon Maines on the Day Break Today set to talk about why he is running.
Part I: Biographical Info
1. Married for 20 years to Mary-Frances (Johnson) Leonard
2. Father of two children: John Paul (age 18) & Sarah (age 16), both educated in LISD, John Paul will attend Abilene Christian University this fall on a Board of Trustee academic scholarship studying pre-med
3. Deacon at Broadway Church of Christ, have served as Sunday school teacher, worship leader, small group leader, chaired worship committee for seven years, took mission trip to Peru, served on involment committees, currently on preacher search committee
4. Apartment owner/operator since 1992, prior to that was in the grocery business for 15 years in store and corporate management
5. B.S. - Abilene Christian University 1986, Graduate - Bryan High School 1981
6. Board of Directors - Lubbock Apartments Association, Past-President - Lubbock Apartment Association 2001, committees chaired/served on: Legislative, Tech Housing Fair, LubbockApartments.com, Membership Retention