House fires have killed four people in Lubbock in the last five months including four year old Ethan Pena. Pena died Tuesday when his Central Lubbock house caught fire. Lubbock Deputy Fire Marshall Garett Nelson said there was something similar in every fatality case. None of the homes had working smoke detectors.
Nelson urges everyone to check their smoke detectors monthly and to replace the batteries yearly. Smoke detectors that have been used three to five years or longer need to be replaced. Check your manufacturer's label for the expiration date.
|A Closer Look At Carbon Monoxide|