Afternoon Fire Leaves Family Homeless - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

4/15/06

Afternoon Fire Leaves Family Homeless

Wind may have been a factor in a house fire Saturday afternoon near Buffalo Springs Lake.

The Buffalo Springs Lake Volunteer Fire Department says the owner of the house at 230 Chuck Wagon Drive was smoking a brisket, officials say the wind likely knocked over the smoker starting the fire around noon.

The home is a total loss.

Homeowner Stacy Patterson said, "I'm completely devastated. Everything we own is in that house and my pickup even burned. So it's a total loss. I don't even know what to say."

Patterson, his wife, and son were at the store when the fire started.

get more>> Web Enhanced
Wildfire Prevention Tips
Here are some helpful tips to follow when visiting areas where wild land fires can ignite.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.