NewsChannel 11 Obtains 911 Amber Alert Call - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock


NewsChannel 11 Obtains 911 Amber Alert Call

Shortly after Priscilla Maldonado was taken from her home Sunday afternoon, her mother, Erica Ysasaga, called 911. NewsChannel 11 has now obtained a recording of that call. NewsChannel 11's Kealey McIntire listened to the six minute call and has this story.

Priscilla was taken from her home shortly after one on Sunday afternoon, and when that 911 call came in Priscilla's mother was so frantic she could barely tell the dispatchers what happened. We're showing you a portion of it just to show how frightening a situation like this can be for a mother.

911- 911, what's your emergency?
Erica- This lady stole my baby!
911- Stole your baby?
Erica- Yes!!!

Baby Priscilla is now safe in her mother's arms, but Sunday afternoon she was kidnapped from her own home.

Erica told the 911 dispatcher, "She (the kidnapper) said she was going to take the baby and show it to her family and I was following her and she turned real quick and I was trying to grab my other son, and I looked and she took off with my baby."

911- She came to your residence and stole your baby?
Erica- Yes!!! She came yesterday and she came today again!
911- Do you know her name?
Erica- Her name is Lisa or something.

As the call goes on, you can hear Erica's frustration build. She kept repeating "she was my nurse at UMC, the one that came into my room."

Erica- She's a nurse at UMC! (Erica said to someone else in the room.)
911- What was her name?
Erica- I don't remember it.  She gave me a piece of paper and was going through my stuff.

At that point, Erica was telling someone else in the room about the objects the woman left behind, which we now know to be a ring, a fake drivers license or social security number and a set of keys.

911- How old is your baby?
Erica- She's four days old!!!
911- I know it's tough, but you need to try to calm down. An officer is on the way, you need to talk to me and tell me what she was wearing.

Erica tried to cooperate and gave the best description she could, but after the six minute call, all she could do was wait.

Priscilla was released from UMC Wednesday morning and is back home with her family.

Powered by Frankly