Atmos Energy now tells us gas has been restored to most of the homes affected after a gas leak south of Wolfforth.
Natural gas spewing into the air around 10:30 this morning. Atmos tells us a break in a line most likely was caused by farm equipment. We're told the gas did not pose any big health threats because the wind helped disperse the gas into the air.
Gas was cut off to about 35 homes in the area near FM 179 and Woodrow Road. We spoke with Atmos Public Affairs Director Dan Alderson Wednesday night. He told us the gas was turned back on to all houses as long as the resident was home. If a resident wasn't home, a note was placed on the door, asking the resident to call Atmos for instructions.
NewsChannel went to the neighborhood just before 10:00 p.m. Wednesday night and found only one door, still tagged.
Gas Leak Causes South Lubbock County Residents To Lose Service