Lubbock Boy Nearly Electrocuted In Swimming Pool - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock

7/19/06

Lubbock Boy Nearly Electrocuted In Swimming Pool

A Lubbock boy remains in the hospital Wednesday morning after nearly being electrocuted. NewsChannel 11's Suleika Acosta brings us the latest information.

This morning, the 12 year old boy is being treated at UMC. He was severely shocked just before 7:30 Tuesday night while swimming at a pool at 1915 Dixie Drive. Police say an extension cord somehow fell into the pool, shocking him. EMS revived the boy on the scene after he quit breathing. He was then taken to UMC, where he is in stable condition.

So far police have not released any other details about the incident. We will continue to follow this story and bring you the very latest.

In the meantime, here are few pool safety reminders from the American Academy of Pediatrics:

  • Never leave children alone in or near a pool.
  • Use a safety cover on a pool when it's not in use.
  • Never keep electrical appliances near the pool.

Experts also suggest that you protect all electrical appliances and devices with a ground fault circuit interrupter. It's the outlet with the "test" and "reset" button.

Powered by WorldNow

5600 Avenue A
Lubbock, TX. 79404

FCC Public File
publicfile@kcbd.com
806-744-1414
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KCBD. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.