The following checklist can help you determine whether or not a person should really be home alone. These warning signs should alert you that an individual may not be capable of meeting all of his or her needs. Check each area that applies to your loved one. Even one checked area is a warnng sign that should not be ignored.
- Eating- Person is not eating or not eating right.
- Bathing/Personal Hygiene- Person is not bathing or is uninterested in personal hygiene.
- Dressing/Grooming- Person loses interest in appearance or doesn't dress all day.
- Medications- Person takes medicine at wrong time, does not take at all, or takes the wrong dosage.
- Housekeeping- Person is not able to keep or clean house as before.
- Mobillity- Person is not able to ambulate without some assistance or has frequent falls.
- Security/Safety- Person is alone, vulnerable, and may require daily visits.
- Independence- Person is increasingly dependent on others for assistance with transportation, shopping financial affairs, laundry, etc.
- Socialization- Person is not in contact with others or lacks group interaction.
As Assisted Living facilities, we realize there are many housing options for the elderly person. All of the above needs must be met to insure the success of the individual in any environment. We focus on the overall well-being of the individual. We encourage you to take an objective look at the needs of your loved one. Call us. We would be glad to help.