An elderly man is dead after fire tore through a Lubbock home early Sunday morning.
The fire broke out at 2721 40th street. Very little information is known at this time, but we do know that the fire started just before 8 a.m. and the man, who is believed to be in his 80's, tried to put out the fire by himself.
We also know that there was not a battery in the smoke detector.
The fire department says it's a horrible reminder, but make sure there is a working battery in your smoke detector.
|get more>> Web Enhanced|
Disaster Supplies Kit