If you've decked the halls with the boughs of holly, you may want to add a little warning sign.
The National Poison Center says red holly berries can be fatal if eaten even a small amount and be mindful if you kiss your sweetheart under the mistletoe the berries, leaves and stems are all poisonous on that one.
Other toxic plants include the Jerusalem cherry and the bittersweet Poinsettias. The most popular Christmas flower, is not as dangerous as once thought. The experts now say they contain an irritant that will probably leave you with a bad case of diarrhea if you get wild at a party and take a bite or two.